Monday, March 30, 2009

One Year Old

Wow....I just can't believe it! Kennedy is going to be one year old this Thursday and it is hard to grasp it. Her birthday crept up on us, and we didn't have enough time to plan a big party. As much as I wanted to shout to the world, rent out a place, and invite tons of people to celebrate her life with us...it would be way out of our budget. The place I wanted to have her party would have cost $150 and then we would have to get food, decorations, etc.

We decided to have a small party with family and just a few close friends this weekend. It is in our price range, and the most expensive part of the party will be her cake. I want to make the cake...and being that I am still in the beginning stages of being a cake decorator, buying the pans and all the Wilton stuff isn't cheap.

We are so excited to celebrate her birthday, and I can't wait to see if she tears into her cake. Kaylee was scared to touch her cake when she turned one because I would never let her get dirty. I had to take her hand and smash it in the cake! Kennedy is more assertive than she was, so I have a feeling she will not have any problems making a mess.

2 comments:

Nikki & Chris Mong said...

Praise God for your little miracle!

Jade.Sanford said...

Wow- one already. Time certainly goes right by. I remember Kate's first birthday well- it was really emotional for me. It did get better though as she got older.

Hugs & kisses to the beautiful birthday girl,
Jade & Family